It was bound to happen again, and sure enough, today was the day. A Kroger grocery store in Jeffersontown, Kentucky was the scene of a mass shooting that took place Wednesday afternoon. Police were called to the store at 2:55pm, where they found multiple victims.
According to a report from WTOL 11:
“Multiple witnesses told Mattingly they heard two bursts of gunfire inside the store before they saw two men exchanging gunfire in the parking lot moments later.”
— ABC 13 News – WSET (@ABC13News) October 24, 2018
The Tennesseean reported:
“Here’s what we know as of 4 p.m., according to MetroSafe dispatchers:
- A dispatcher with the Jeffersontown Police Department said a suspect was detained following the shooting Wednesday afternoon at a Kroger store, according to the Associated Press.
- A call came into MetroSafe at 2:54 p.m. reporting that shots were fired inside the store.
- MetroSafe officials say they received reports of “multiple injuries.”
- EMS and police from Jeffersontown and Louisville Metro departments are on the scene.
- The scene is completely secured. Nobody was taken to the hospital from the scene as of 3:50 p.m.
- Tim King, who was at the scene, said his wife called him while she was shopping and said she heard multiple gun shots. She said people started running and an employee directed them to the back of the store.”
BREAKING: Reports of multiple shot at a grocery store in Jeffersontown, Kentucky.
Posted by ABC 13 – WSET on Wednesday, October 24, 2018
I’m here at the University of Louisville’s Trauma Center. There’s an @LMPD forensics car and several ambulances pulling up. Follow @courierjournal and this thread for updates. pic.twitter.com/wuCzFZuDNH
— Thomas Novelly (@TomNovelly) October 24, 2018
CNN reports that a suspect is in custody:
One person is in custody following the incident, according to the Jeffersontown police dispatcher. She declined Wednesday to provide other information, adding that officers remain on scene.
We continue live team coverage at the Kroger in Jeffersontown where there has been a shooting. Police say they will update soon. @ValerieChinn spoke to a witness who saw a woman killed in crossfire. Watch live video from the scene here: https://t.co/foEl7mAqZa pic.twitter.com/K7PTua3X6W
— WDRB News (@WDRBNews) October 24, 2018
The conditions of the victims are unknown.