On Saturday, the House Judiciary Committee made a move that put Donald Trump and his Republican gang on high alert. The committee released a report that details the impeachable offenses for which the president is being investigated. Republicans have been wailing for months that Democrats have nothing on the president, and even Trump himself has said that the impeachment inquiry is a baseless witch hunt meant to overthrow the 2016 election.
Is that crazy or what??
According to the report, impeachment is “the Constitution’s final answer to a President who mistakes himself for a monarch.” It also details “history, purpose and meaning of the Constitution’s Impeachment Clause” and “addresses legal questions about the impeachment process and rebuts false claims about impeachment.”
Probably most importantly, as an in yo face kind of moment, the committee also included talking points from the GOP that tried to discredit the proceedings, including:
- “The law that governs House procedures for impeachment.”
- “The law that governs the evaluation of evidence, including where the President orders defiance of House subpoenas.”
- “Whether the President can be impeached for abuse of his executive powers.”
- “Whether the President’s claims regarding his motives must be accepted at face value.”
- “Whether the President is immune from impeachment if he attempts an impeachable offense but is caught before he completes it.”
- “Whether it is preferable to await the next election when a President has sought to corrupt that very same election.”
Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler said this in a statement:
“The Framers’ worst nightmare is what we are facing in this very moment. President Trump abused his power, betrayed our national security, and corrupted our elections, all for personal gain.
“The Constitution details only one remedy for this misconduct: impeachment. The safety and security of our nation, our democracy, and future generations hang in the balance if we do not address this misconduct. In America, no one is above the law, not even the President.”
CHECK OUT THE DOCUMENT HERE:
As things keep heating up on the president, he keeps freaking out on his Twitter page. Check out what he’s been up to this morning below:
Read the Transcripts! Also, see where I say “us” (our Country) as opposed to “me” (meaning me) and where I then say that the Attorney General (of the United States) will call you. People still remember Schiff’s made up and fraudulent version of my conversation. Witch Hunt!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 7, 2019
Check out what people are saying about that tweet below: