An extended Donald Trump entourage decided to take a family vacation in India on the taxpayers’ dime. This was not the first time. The Queen of England was not prepared when the whole gang showed up, and Queen Elizabeth had to seek out additional sleeping quarters. Is Trump trying to get people used to the whole monarchy?
First Daughter Ivanka Trump and First Son Donald Trump Jr. have been bitterly fighting over who gets to succeed their father behind the scenes. The president raised them to compete, and their fights get vicious, but from the photos of the troop, it would be very difficult to tell.
Ivanka tweeted photos of her trip, gushing over the “grandeur” of the white marble Taj Mahal. One commentator referred to Ivanka as a “money-hungry mannequin,” according to The Raw Story. The senior White House adviser has been using her Twitter account as she travels the world to make her case, much as her father has done. Somehow, she considers herself representing America.
‘The grandeur and beauty of the Taj Mahal is awe inspiring (sic)!’
‘1) Ambassador Ken Juster, the United States Ambassador to of India
2) Secretary Wilbur Ross, of Commerce Department
3) Secretary Dan Brouillette, of the Energy Department
4) Mick Mulvaney, Assistant to the President and Acting Chief of Staff
5) National Security Advisor Robert O’Brien
6) Ivanka Trump, Assistant to the President and Advisor to the President
7) Jared Kushner, Assistant to the President and Senior Advisor to the President
8) Stephen Miller, Assistant to the President and Senior Advisor for Policy
9) Dan Scavino, Assistant to the President and Senior Advisor for Digital Strategy
10) Lindsay Reynolds, Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff to the First Lady
11) Robert Blair, Assistant to the President and Special Representative for International Telecommunication Policy and Senior Advisor to the Chief of Staff.’
The delegation’s visit, a senior White House official told UPNews Service was a “demonstration of the strong and enduring ties between our two countries:”
‘The visit will focus on several key areas. First, we’ll focus on building our economic and energy ties.’
According to UPNews Service:
‘Trump arrived in Ahmedabad on Monday, the largest city in the western state of Gujarat, where he addressed a crowd of more than 100,000 Indians in a cricket stadium. The event was called “Namaste Trump,quot; (Hello Trump), in reciprocity of the great show “Howdy Modi,quot; that Trump organized last year for the Indian Prime Minister in the American city of Houston.’
‘The ties between the two countries have improved long after the end of the Cold War, during which Washington leaned toward India’s rival, Pakistan, but has embraced India as a strategic partner against China in recent decades. Barack Obama was the only president of the United States who has made two official visits to India.’
Featured image is a screenshot via Twitter.
The Mueller Report Adventures: In Bite-Sizes on this Facebook page. These quick, two-minute reads interpret the report in normal English for busy people. Mueller Bite-Sizes uncovers what is essentially a compelling spy mystery. Interestingly enough, Mueller Bite-Sizes can be read in any order.