Trump Shredded For False Coronavirus Vaccine Info

0
302

The government has only run 32 tests for Covid-19 in New York City. That means we do not know how far the disease has progressed. Donald Trump’s administration has stuck its head in the sand. There will be hundreds of cases this week, thousands next week. Yet, the country will realize there may be 50,000 to 100,000 deaths.

Monday morning the president tweeted false hope:

‘I am meeting with the major pharmaceutical companies today at the White House about progress on a vaccine and cure. Progress being made!’

Screen-Shot-2020-03-02-at-8.15.44-AM Trump Shredded For False Coronavirus Vaccine Info Featured Healthcare National Security Politics Top Stories

Palmer Report called the man in the Oval Office out for raising “false hope about a vaccine:”

‘Now you’re just spreading false hope about a vaccine that scientific experts say is likely a year or more away. You couldn’t be screwing this up any more if you tried.’

Screen-Shot-2020-03-02-at-8.16.55-AM Trump Shredded For False Coronavirus Vaccine Info Featured Healthcare National Security Politics Top Stories

The U.S. has known about Covid-19 since December, and now it is March. A full 80 percent may just feel lousy. Yet that remaining 20 percent may get it really bad.

Virus experts urge a soap-and-water routine. They say people should avoid touching our faces. Do not shake hands. The next steps are more general. There will be more and more quarantine methods: schools closing, people avoiding crowds, others avoiding flights and cruises.

Although Covid-19 comes from the same family as the cold, it is far worse. A WHO (World Health Organization) expert Bruce Aylward said additional testing could measure fatality rates at one percent. According to The Guardian:

‘This would make Covid-19 about 10 times more deadly than seasonal flu, which is estimated to kill between 290,000 and 650,000 people a year globally.’

Covid-19 does not affect only the elderly and the very young. People who are most at risk include health care workers among others.

The virus can transmit through a person’s eyes and even masks. Yet:

‘If you are likely to be in close contact with someone infected, a mask cuts the chance of the disease being passed on. If you’re just walking around town and not in close contact with others, wearing a mask is unlikely to make any difference.’

So, go for early for medical help via phone should you get a “fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.”

The virus will not be ready within a couple of months. Chinese researchers released “the genetic sequence by Chinese researchers” early. Teams of researchers have been testing candidates, but that is a long way from a vaccine. If it comes out in a year, that “would be quick.”

What about a pandemic:

‘A pandemic is defined as worldwide spread of a new disease – but the exact threshold for declaring one is quite vague. In practice, the actions being taken would not change whether or not a pandemic is declared. Containment measures are not simply about eliminating the disease altogether. Delaying the onset of an outbreak or decreasing the peak is crucial in allowing health systems to cope with a sudden influx of patients.’

The Mueller Report Adventures: In Bite-Sizes on this Facebook page. These quick, two-minute reads interpret the report in normal English for busy people. Mueller Bite-Sizes uncovers what is essentially a compelling spy mystery. Interestingly enough, Mueller Bite-Sizes can be read in any order.