The gold-rush toward saving America from tyranny is on. Donald Trump grabbed the American flag and is pulling down the Supreme Court, the ACA (Obamacare), and legal voting with him. Many Republicans have come to realize that this is no longer a Republican-Democratic vote anymore. No, this is a great cataclysmic rift between Democracy and Dictatorship that can only be healed by coming together.
The latest well-known Republican to come to this realization and bring the power of his vote with him is the former Pennsylvania Governor. He was also the former Secretary of Homeland Security (DHS) under President George W. Bush, Tom Ridge. But why does that matter?
Ridge is voting for the Democratic Biden-Harris ticket in November for his first time to switch parties, and he is not the only swing-state former governor to do so.
Former Ohio Governor John Kasich, and former Michigan Governor Rick Snyder have joined the rush toward a real democracy. They disavow the dictatorship Trump and Russia’s President Vladimir Putin want.
Ridge writes in a Sunday Philadelphia Inquirer op-ed that the sitting president is “incapable of such leadership:”
‘Donald Trump has proven over these last four years he is incapable of such leadership. It is not within him. He lacks the empathy, integrity, intellect and maturity to lead. He sows division along political, racial and religious lines.’
The former governor continues making his case against Trump, that “our country has paid dearly:”
‘And he routinely dismisses the opinions of experts who know far more about the subject at hand than he does – intelligence, military, and public health. Our country has paid dearly in lives lost, social unrest, economic hardship and our standing in the world.’
Then, Ridge writes “It’s time to dismiss Donald Trump:”
‘I believe the responsible vote is for Joe Biden. It’s a vote for decency. A vote for the rule of law. And a vote for honest and earnest leadership. It’s time to put country over party. It’s time to dismiss Donald Trump.’
Those not voting for Trump, according to Axios are:
- ‘Sen. Mitt Romney (Utah): The party’s 2012 presidential nominee said in February that he will not support Trump shortly after he voted to convict the president on one count in his impeachment trial.
- John Bolton: Trump’s former national security adviser said he will not vote for Biden or Trump and hopes that history remembers Trump “as a one-term president.”
- Jeff Flake: The Arizona Senator said he will not vote for Trump, but added that he’s never voted for a Democrat for president, per The Washington Post.
- William H. McRaven: McRaven, who led the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, has publicly criticized the president. He told The New York Times, “This fall, it’s time for a new leadership in this country — Republican, Democrat or independent.”‘
Voting for Biden:
- ‘Colin Powell: The former secretary of state under George W. Bush and retired four-star general said that he will support Biden because he believes that Trump has “drifted away” from the Constitution.
- Carly Fiorina: The 2016 presidential candidate said she will support Biden because she believes he is “a person of humility and empathy and character,” per The Atlantic.
- John Kasich: The former Ohio governor and 2016 presidential candidate is not only endorsing Biden, but also speaking at the DNC to support the former vice president.
- Rick Snyder: The former Michigan governor said he will vote for Biden because “Trump lacks a moral compass” and “ignores the truth.”‘
- ‘Miles Taylor: The former Department of Homeland Security chief of staff officially endorsed Biden saying, “Even though I’m not a Democrat, even though I disagree on key issues, I’m confident that Joe Biden will protect the country.”
- Tom Ridge: The former Pennsylvania governor said he would be voting for Biden, writing in the Philadelphia Inquirer, “I believe the responsible vote is for Joe Biden…It’s time to put country over party. It’s time to dismiss Donald Trump.”
- Cindy McCain: The widow of the late Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) lent her voice to a video about her husband’s friendship with Biden that aired during the Democratic National Convention and formally endorsed the former vice president in September, calling him the “candidate in this race who stands up for our values as a nation.”‘
Featured image is a screenshot via YouTube.
The Mueller Report Adventures: In Bite-Sizes on this Facebook page. These quick, two-minute reads interpret the report in normal English for busy people. Mueller Bite-Sizes uncovers what is essentially a compelling spy mystery. Interestingly enough, Mueller Bite-Sizes can be read in any order.