Stephen Miller is the man who lurked around the corners of Donald Trump’s Oval Office. He is the one who came up with the brilliant idea of ripping children out of nursing mothers’ arms when they came across our Southern border seeking refuge. As senior adviser to the former president, The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) described Miller as “draconian.” And now he may have to pay the price.
Select Committee Chair Bennie Thompson (D-MS) said they want “to learn every detail of what went on in the White House on January 6th and in the days beforehand,” according to CNN. And that includes what Miller knew. He received a subpoena on Tuesday.
The House Select Committee for January 6 has been wasting no time. It just released the names of six subpoena recipients on Monday then turned around and released the names of another 10 Trump officials’ subpoenaed on Tuesday. The Committee has requested documents by November 23 with testimony occurring until the end of the year.
The Committee wants a deeper slice into the Trump White House after he lost the 2020 presidential election. So it also sent subpoenas from “some former rank-and-file White House officials who had close relationships with Trump.”
So now it is time for the former advisor to own up to what his boss did after he lost the 2020 election until he ended his attempted coup against our country’s government. What did the Oval Office fixture know? SPLC gave us some insight into what he might reveal:
‘Since stepping into this position, he has been the driving force behind many of the administration’s draconian immigration policies. These policies demonstrate the significant influence that anti-immigrant hate groups have had on Miller.’
In a prepared statement, Thompson said on Tuesday:
‘We need to know precisely what role the former President and his aides played in efforts to stop the counting of the electoral votes and if they were in touch with anyone outside the White House attempting to overturn the outcome of the election.’
The latest batch of subpoenas went out to:
- ‘Nicholas Luna, former President Donald Trump’s personal assistant
- Molly Michael, Trump’s special assistant to the President and Oval Office operations coordinator
- Ben Williamson, Trump’s deputy assistant to the President and senior adviser to then-chief of staff Mark Meadows
- Christopher Liddell, former Trump White House deputy chief of staff
- John McEntee, Trump’s White House personnel director
- Keith Kellogg, national security adviser to then-Vice President Mike Pence
- Kayleigh McEnany, former White House press secretary under Trump
- Stephen Miller, Trump senior adviser
- Cassidy Hutchinson, special assistant to the President for legislative affairs
- Kenneth Klukowski, former senior counsel to Assistant Attorney General Jeffrey Clark.’
One Department of Homeland Security official during the Trump reign was “disgusted” with Miller:
‘I’m disgusted that my venerable agency has turned into his personal tool for hate.’
Maybe, Miller’s days of hate will finally catch up with him.
Three White Lions podcast, Gloria Christie reads her week’s most important news/ commentary stories in the liberal online newspaper The Bipartisan Report. Gloria Christie Report her newsletter for people on the go. Written in her own unique style with a twist of humor in a briefer version of Bipartisan Report. Christie’s Mueller Report Adventures In Bite-Sizes a real-life compelling spy mystery. Find her here on Facebook.