The investigation into the January 6 attempted coup by the Donald Trump gang of misfits crawls achingly slowly. People are urging Attorney General (AG) Merrick Garland and the Department of Justice (DOJ) to get a move on, because if the Dems lose the house in 2022 the investigation dies. But outside of Washington, some things are moving at warp speed to erase the nasty smear the ex-president has left upon the nation. New Yorkers are in action.
There is a sign on the New York West Side Highway just before the 79th Street Boat Basin exit of particular interest, according to The Patch. Assembly Member Linda Rosenthal has been lobbying the Department of Transportation (DOT) to remove a beautification project sign that tells passersby that the Trump Organization and New York’s DOT worked together on it.
The DOT Manhattan Borough Commissioner Edward Pincar Jr. sent Rosenthal a letter agreeing to remove the sign, one of the last vestiges of the ex’s name:
‘He [Trump] espoused homophobic, misogynistic, ableist and xenophobic views and used violent rhetoric to stoke fear and breed division. Though it may be impossible to remove his name from our collective history, we can and must remove his name from New York’s vaunted institutions and infrastructurE.’
She led a petition to take out the sign. It argued that the New York City’s DOT website read:
‘Highways can be adopted by individuals, companies, or organizations [but not political candidates and campaigns].’
Rosenthal said that based upon that, the DOT should have pulled the sign in 2015, which was when Trump announced his run in the presidential 2016 election. His stated intention to run in 2024 should further keep the sign down.
The DOT told The WestSideRag that Trump’s company, not the former president, paid for the sign.
This is only the last of many entities to remove the Trump name after the ex was impeached a second time, according to The Insider. Some of the other places removing “Trump” from their name included:
- ‘Both the Wollman and Lasker Rinks, two popular ice-skating rinks in New York City’s Central Park, are operated by the Trump Organization.
- Six residential buildings on Manhattan’s Upper West Side reportedly decided to remove big golden letters that spell out “Trump Place.”
- ‘In 2017, the owner of the former Trump International Hotel and Tower in Toronto announced that the building will no longer display Trump’s name.
- The former Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower in Panama City is now a Marriott, according to a report by The Washington Post.
- In 2017, the CIM Group paid the Trump Organization to end its contract with Trump SoHo, a hotel in New York City, according to a report by The New York Times.’
And the cancellation of Trump continues.
Three White Lions podcast, Gloria Christie reads her week’s most important news/ commentary stories in the liberal online newspaper The Bipartisan Report. Gloria Christie Report her newsletter for people on the go. Written in her own unique style with a twist of humor in a briefer version of Bipartisan Report. Christie’s Mueller Report Adventures In Bite-Sizes a real-life compelling spy mystery. Find her here on Facebook.