Donald Trump’s closet advisers have tried to get him to quit his daily COIVD-19 updates aka two-plus-hour reelection campaign TV tirades. Their efforts have been in vain. Once the presidential rallies stopped, POTUS did not feel like he could talk to his people. After New York Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) began his daily updates, Trump found his voice, disastrous to his reelection as it is.
Thus far, America has 800,000 confirmed coronavirus cases, and 43,000 precious lives have been lost, according to The Washington Post’s latest coronavirus latest tracking numbers.
Yet, all that the commander-in-chief could talk about were his “great ratings.”‘ He spoke about football, but nothing about those lost lives. He talked about The Bachelor finale instead of what he was going to do to track and test the silent coronavirus enemy and possibly halt the burgeoning waves of death and destruction.
Political blogger Jeff Tiedrich retweeted Trump’s morning tweet about his ratings, then he went after the president for his callousness:
‘I’ve had great “ratings” my whole life, there’s nothing unusual about that for me. The White House News Conference ratings are “through the roof”(Monday Night Football, Bachelor Finale , (sic) @nytimes) but I don’t care about that. I care about going around the Fake News to the PEOPLE!’
‘tens of thousands (sic) Americans are dead, with thousands more dying in agony every day, and this pathetic putrefying five-alarm dumpster fire is yammering on about his ratings’
‘Here are some significant coronavirus developments, according to The Washington Post:
- The United States is nearing 800,000 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus, with more than 42,000 deaths reported. This is a significant portion of the nearly 2.5 million infections and 170,000 COVID-19 deaths that have been reported worldwide.
- Oil extended its slide a day after a historic collapse in U.S. crude sent prices below $0 per barrel; stock markets were down across the globe including on Wall Street, where the Dow plunged 500 points at the open.
- Munich has canceled its famed Oktoberfest event that attracts some 6 million people, despite plans in Germany to gradually ease restrictions. The Spanish city of Pamplona also canceled its annual running of the bulls.
- Trump will meet with New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) at the White House on Tuesday. New York has been ravaged by the virus, and the two leaders have clashed over the government’s pandemic response.
- Most Americans say it could be June or later before it will be safe for larger gatherings to take place again, according to a new Washington Post-University of Maryland poll. Most rated Trump’s pandemic responsive negatively; governors received overwhelmingly positive marks.
- The World Health Organization warned that even once a coronavirus vaccine is developed, distributing it to billions of people around the world will be a monumental task.’
Twitter world went nuts over Trump’s callousness. Check out some of the best responses below:
The Mueller Report Adventures: In Bite-Sizes on this Facebook page. These quick, two-minute reads interpret the report in normal English for busy people. Mueller Bite-Sizes uncovers what is essentially a compelling spy mystery. Interestingly enough, Mueller Bite-Sizes can be read in any order.